Re: What file is changed by GNOME if I change the language environment?

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 03:34:33PM +0000 or thereabouts, Qingjia Zhu wrote:
> From the 'Start Here' -> System -> Language, I changed
> my language enviroment, then I log out GNOME and logout
> bash and relogin bash, I found the $LANG was set to
> another value, I'm wondering what file was changed by
> GNOME to make such effective take place, because I found
> my .bashrc and .bash_profile remains that same, thanks.

This may be OS- or distribution-dependent. But Red Hat
(well, Fedora) at least looks at the contents of
/etc/sysconfig/i18n for the system as a whole and at
~/.i18n for individual users.

$ cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="cy_GB.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="cy_GB.UTF-8:en_GB.UTF-8:en_GB:en:en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="LatArCyrHeb-16"
$ cat .i18n
LANG="cy_GB.UTF-8"
$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)

I don't use GDM, so I don't know if GBM knows about this.
But I would look for those files first.

Telsa