Re: Localisation Guide

On Sunday 04 January 2004 07:02, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> The long-promised guide that Telsa and I have been working on has
> found its way into GNOME CVS. It still has quite a few FIXMEs and
> gaps.
>
> The document can be found in the gnome-i18n module, in the file
> l10n-guide/C/l10n-guide.xml. I hope this is the right place to put
> it. A rough conversion to HTML can be found at
> <http://muse.19inch.net/~daf/misc/gnome-l10n/>.
>
> Funnily enough, one of the last changes I made was to add an example
> of how to translate "translator_credits", quite unaware that it had
> been discussed on the list.
>
> Please take the time to send us your thoughts, or even patches. :)

I am a member of the Klingon Language Institute (KLI), which is a
non-profit group of amateur and professional linguists who study,
speak, and write in the Klingon language, which is a mature, fully
developed language created by Mark Okrand, Ph.D. for the Star Trek
series.  Some of the members of the KLI are interested in localizing
Klingon to OpenOffice.org.  It would seem that progress in localizing
Klingon to OpenOffice.org would also be useful to advancing the GNOME
localization of Klingon.

I was unable to find any reference to localizing Klingon into GNOME.
Has anyone undertaken that project?  If so, I would be interested to
hear of the progress of your project.

Thanks for your interest.

My name is Christian Einfeldt, aka qoloS (pronounced Kolos).  Please
feel free to address my as you prefer.