Re: How to create a keyboard?

"Pedro M." <pmacv@telefonica.net> wrote:

> For some applications you can use Java for Linux
> See http://iris.lib.virginia.edu/tibet/tools/input.html

Pedro, Thanks for your reply

Although TDHL are in the process of developing a Unicode based input method and
OpenType font,
their current input tool doesn't genrate Unicode characters but uses glyph
based character encoding mapped to ISO ISO-8859-1 characters and switching
between several fonts to handle the large glyph set. Their input method  is
also based on using Romanised Tibetan transcription - which is useful for
western scholars of Tibetan but not of so much use for native speakers.

Right now I want create a keyboard for a standard layout. It _should_ be pretty
straight forward to do this, just a matter of mapping the keyboard codes to the
appropriate Tibetan characters, but I've been unable to locate information on
how to do this.

(A GNOME tool along the lines of Tavultesoft's keyman
http://www.tavultesoftt.com/  or even Microsoft's  Keyboard Layout creator
(MSKLC) [both for MS Windows] would be very useful. Mac OSX  keyboard layouts
are defined in XML files which is also easy to deal with.)

> You can see also http://eyegene.ophthy.med.umich.edu/unicode/

Thanks but I couldn't seem to find anything to do with creating keyboard
layouts there.

best regards

- Chris