[Fwd: Re: Translations, GNOME and KDE]

--

Indeed, but how can we do that? Status updates is very important but
maybe we could do better.

Like we have bounties now, what about doing some kind of rewards like:

Best newcomer
Best minor language effort

or something similar.

> Looks like one thing we need to encourage is conversions from partly to
> fully supported translations - are some translators not keeping up with
> changes? Do we have too many changes too late in the release process?

> The stats are based on CVS, but do we know if these are even released? Perhaps
> our tarballs are even worse! :-)

Nope, there are modules like in the 'extra' catagory, but people don't
know string freezes for there or whether they will ever be released.

New translators have no idea what the difference modules mean. It can be
hard to know where to put your effords for maximum gain.

Kenneth