Re: New strings in GDM

Op wo 25-02-2004, om 13:03 schreef Hasbullah Bin Pit:
> Åsmund Skjæveland menulis:
> >>  "A-M|English (Canadian)"
> >>  "N-Z|Serbian (Latin)"
> >>  "N-Z|Serbian (Jekavian)"
> >>
> >>Translators, please update your translations.
> >

> > What is "jekavian"?
> I always have problem translating language name
> some language name has malay translation, but the rest don't.
>
> we have "Jerman" for "German" , "Belanda" for "Dutch"
> may be beacuse of old history, or old relationship, that term existed.
> but for Ukranian, Latvian, Jekavian etc, there is no Malay Translation
> for it.
> Maybe other language have the same problem.
> How do you guy translate "Malay"?

Maleisisch, but as you say, there's an old relationship between our
countries.

> I'm thingking of a solution that might help every language that doesnt
> has complete list of Language name.

In Dutch, there are translations for most European and Asian languages.
When I don't know one, I usually try to find it in an atlas with
information about countries. If the atlas doesn't mention the language,
I base my translation on similar languages (English, German).

--
Elros Cyriatan
89D0A011957D96020E7D1D16B37D496E440D660A

Dit berichtdeel is digitaal ondertekend