Re: Nautilus UI change

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 08:51, Christian Rose wrote:
> tis 2004-02-24 klockan 02.06 skrev Dave Camp:
> > Attached is the current ui-changing patch (I committed most of the
> > mechanism to HEAD already).  The text changed a bit from what seth last
> > suggested to me, so I'm Ccing him for comments on the actual text.
>
> Ok. It seems many current Nautilus messages use "Cannot" or "Can't"
> instead of "Can not", so you might want to change it to one of those in
> the first message.
>
> The second message is a bit long (two paragraphs). If it can be made two
> separate paragraph-sized messages instead instead of one big
> two-paragraph message, then that is preferrable.

This sort of dialog should be very uncommon (if our mime databases are
mostly correct), so I think its not that bad if its a bit long. Since it
could potentially be a security issue, or at least highly confusing if
the mime types mismatch having a good description is important.

> But these things are not terribly important, and can be fixed later if
> the patch is urgent to get in. The patch has my approval, if the release
> team agrees.

Due to the string-breaking qualities of the patch it would be nice to
get it right the first time. But, yeah, its sort of urgent to get it in
because i'd like to get it in the beta1 tarball (which was due
yesterday).

                   alexl@redhat.com    alla@lysator.liu.se
He's a fiendish albino gentleman spy who hangs with the wrong crowd. She's a
mistrustful Buddhist journalist with a birthmark shaped like Liberty's torch.
They fight crime!