Re: translator_credits

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 11:15, Priit Laes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also have fourth alternative.
> Maybe changing the translator-credits string to something like this:
> "This program is untranslated. For more information how to translate
> this program into your language, please visit Gnome translation
> project's website: http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/";

That serves no purpose, since users do not (and should not) see the
untranslated string. The contents of the string are used by the program
to determine whether or not to display the translator credits tab in the
About box. If the string is not translated, no tab is shown.

(And besides, I think people can tell when the program is not
translated: it displays in English, rather than in their chosen locale.
Although that does not point them towards a locationt to help fix this,
in reality I think you will find that only a small proportion of our
entire userbase are interested in translating rather than just using.)

Malcolm