Re: GNOME Lovers Needed: l10n work for locations database

On Maw, 2004-12-14 at 14:31, Alan Horkan wrote:
> Well ideally programmers would use standard English common to British and
> American but in reality that doesn't always happen so I would hope that
> translators would try to fix the originals where possible (programmers,
> trust the translators) rather than creating unnecessary localisations.

Americanglish and English do not share a precise grammar. Many American
phrasings sound to English speakers really quite horrible and many
English phrasings sound positively pompous and complicated to the folks
on the other side of the pond.

	"The box I connect to" or "The box to which I connect"

Translators do seem to find a lot of errors in the original text
(spelling, grammar and just confusing text).

Alan