Re: RFC: More stock translations

tis 2004-12-14 klockan 18:53 -0500 skrev Adam Weinberger:
[...]
> What if we made more stock translations? What if we decided that a
> "Bookmark" will hereafter be known as a "Favourite" or whatever, and
> left it up to a separate library to maintain these translations?

The GNOME Documentation Project maintains the GNOME Word List
(http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/wordlist.html), part
of the GNOME Documentation Style Guide. However, the Word List is by no
means exclusive to docs; it is and should be considered the authorative
reference for all terminology issues in GNOME UI.

So any "stock reference translations" solution should be kept in synch
with the recommendations of the GNOME Word List and the GDP's updates to
it. Also, it would probably be a good idea to first consult the GDP and
ask for their opinion regarding all terminology to be made available for
stock translation.