Re: Translator credits in Blam!

ons 2004-08-11 klockan 00.46 skrev Mikael Hallendal:
> > Please use a hyphen instead of an underscore, i.e "translator-credits".
> >
> > Some translation tools check that messages which have access keys in the
> > source also have access keys in the translation, and barf otherwise.
> > Obviously those tools will mistake this underscore for an access key.
>
> Hi,
>
> Updating the string in CVS (Richard will update this in Planner). I also
> noticed the wrong string in "procman". I think it might be a good idea
> for translators to notify the developers of those module that has this
> wrong when you find it during translating.

We do:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-February/msg00263.html
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/developer.html#credits

However, almost 95% of the modules (or something like that) currently do
this wrong, so the job of filing the necessary bug reports for this
isn't very tempting.

Some of the few modules that instead currently do this correctly are:

        criawips/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"
        epiphany/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"
        gnome-games/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"
        gpdf/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"
        hardware-monitor/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"
        monster-masher/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"
        muine/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"
        regexxer/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"
        sound-juicer/po/sv.po:msgid "translator-credits"

Basically, all other do it wrong with an underscore, or don't do
translator credits at all.

But you're right, this will probably only be resolved once bug reports
for all modules that don't do it right are filed. Ole, since you put
together a list and reported this to d-d-l previously, would you want to
do the necessary Bugzilla bug reports for this? Or is there someone else
who can do it? Or at least file bug reports for some of the modules?