Re: CVS gnome with jhbuild

Hello!

only thing that puzzles me is that the splash screen
says GNOME 2.6 rather than the 2.8 I would have
expected. Is it just because that was the last
stable release?

Hehe, as far as I know, Gnome splash screen gets updated the last 2 or 3 days before last tarballs due :) Anyways, Gnome has the prettiest splash screens ever, thanks to Jimmac.

I would consider using Help->About menu to find out the real version.
Splash screen can be confusing sometimes.

Regards,
Gora

Cheers, -- Metin Amiroff <metin at amiroff dot com> http://www.azitt.com/gnome | http://www.amiroff.com