Re: straw

Today at 15:19, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

>> Does anybody know what happened to straw? It's been showing 0%
>> for some time, and the file on the status pages is not the
>> most recent (for me, it's from last november while I've last
>> submitted a translation for it in march).
>
> === Checking out straw module to straw.HEAD  ===
> Regenerating straw.pot...
> readline() on closed filehandle IN
> at /home/gnome-i18n/bin/intltool-update line 867.
> Cannot find top_srcdir in Makefile.
> at /home/gnome-i18n/bin/intltool-update line 882.

This means intltool cannot find out the package name
(ie. GETTEXT_PACKAGE from configure.in).   It's common with packages
not using autoconf.  So, straw doesn't use intltool — it's as simple
as that.

> Please, review the POTFILES.in it seems to have a problem with
> intltool...

I suggest making a blank configure.ac with line GETTEXT_PACKAGE=straw
in Straw repository.  Though, Straw maintainer would have to agree
with that (it wouldn't be dist-ed, it would only sit in the
repository for translators' sake).

Alternate approach is making intltool support packages not using
autoconf style scripts (it should default to something like
"template.pot" and ".." for srcdir).

Cheers,
Danilo