Re: Internationalization

В Чтв, 08.04.2004, в 20:31, Sami Pietila пишет:
> Hi all,
>
> With help from Rich Burridge I have been working to bring arithmetic
> precedence support to Gcalctool.
>
> Next I am planning to do internationalization in order to make
> localization possible. However, I have following problem. I am using
> flex as a scanner. Localization would require flex to accept localized
> tokens.
>
> For example, I have following rule in flex to accept Tan function:
>
> "tan" {return tTAN;}
>
> This should be internationalized in a way which would allow flex to
> accept localized string instead of "tan".
>
> I have not found any clue from flex or gettext manual how to do this.
>
> My question is: How scanner generated by flex can be internationalized?

I'm afraid it can't be i18nised, because in binary form the scanner
doesn't operate on words or messages but on characters.

One thinkable approach would be to extend the token list to include all
translated versions of the tokens, but I don't like that much. Write
your own scanner :)

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>