Re: gnome-i18n digest, Vol 1 #1523 - 5 msgs

>> (04.01.2004 @ 2057 PST): Javier SOLA said, in 1.6K: <<
> My proposal is in relation to new people who now nothing about CVS, but
> want to start translating. In the status web page it is not specially
> clear how to download the set of files to your computer (you can do it
> one-by-one once you figure it out). A helpful answer to this question
> yesterday was a script... but many people who are starting localization
> do not know what to do with such a script.
>
> A simple compressed file with all the po files of the en_US or en_GB
> translation of 2.6 could save newcomers a lot of time (and people in the
> list a lot of explanations). I don't know how this would integrate later
> with the status pages, though.
>> end of "Re: gnome-i18n digest, Vol 1 #1523 - 5 msgs" from Javier SOLA <<

Javier -

Once I was pointed to the proper instructions, I had no problem moving
forwards. The bottom line is that having a tarball to download won't be
beneficial to you in the end. If you can't use CVS and the gettext tools
in the first place, you won't be able to update your translations once
the initial versions are committed.

Frankly, I found that everything that I needed was contained in:

	http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/translator.html

The only thing that you would need to do is find the proper CVSROOT as a
non-committer, which isn't hidden that far ;;)

Hopefully that document will help answer a lot of questions for you. I
know that that was the one that did it for me.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw@magnesium.net || adamw@FreeBSD.org