Re: Weekly i18n status update

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Arafat Medini wrote:

> I'm not in favour of that idea, you have to look at all the languages
> that aren't supported or patially supported.
> I am translating gnome alone and I know what I am speaking of, this
> would be a big problem to handle.

I understand your concern, but I am not proposing something completely
new. The possibility to translate help documents exists already, but they
are just not shown in the translation statistics.

The solution to your problem is to find more people who help with
translations; not to just ignore the problem of untranslated help files.

Partially supported languages will not be affected negatively if the
l10n for well supported languages gets better!

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout@cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: lost / kwijt! :-(