Re: gnome-utils now branched for gnome-2-4

El lun, 08-09-2003 a las 17:00, Dafydd Harries escribió:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:09:34PM +0200, Carlos Perell? Mar?n wrote:
> > Perhaps it's time to remove the gnome-2-2 status pages and add a
> > gnome-2-5 one...
>
> I agree that status pages should be created for 2.5, although the ones
> for 2.3 were called gnome-2.4, so I expect that the ones for 2.5 will be
> called gnome-2.6.

No, IMHO they should be called 2.5 until we start the 2.5 string freeze
or so.

> However, I think it may be a little premature to remove the 2.2 pages.
> It might be reasonable to stop updating them, as some people will be using
> 2.2 for some time. I believe the 1.4 pages are in this stat - not
> updated but not removed either.

The status pages are development tools not user tools so it has not
sense have 2.2 stats when we have a more recent release. GNOME 2.2 will
not release any new module because 2.4 has full backward compatibility.

The GNOME 1.4 status were there with gnome 2.0 because gnome 2.0 was not
compatible with gnome 1.4 and there were some 1.4 releases after 2.0
release. If you look at 1.4 status there are only some modules that are
using gnome 1.4 libraries but all core modules and other applications
with a stable 2.x release are not there.

Cheers.
--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)

Esta parte del mensaje =?ISO-8859-1?Q?est=E1?= firmadadigitalmente