Re: Suggestion

   Hello!

Here goes some data and corrections to the Imprimatur site previously
given...

Portugal has a 10 million population
Brazil has a 176 million population

This alone is more than the 182 million listed on the Imprimatur site.

pt_BR is Portuguese localized for Brazil. So pt_BR can be closed (I think)
with the 176 million mark.

As for Portuguese pt (as we are not talking about pure pt_PT), besides
Portugal, there are the former Portuguese colonies (now independant African
countries, or Macau as part of China). These represent:
* Angola = 12,5 million
* Mozambique = 19 million
* Cape Verde (Republic of) = 401 thous
* Guinea Bissau = 1,2 million
* Sao Tome & Principe = 175 thous
* Macao = 400 thou

This piles up to a total of (including Portugal itself and not counting the
Brazilian population) about 43,68 million.

As for other stuff listed on the Imprimatur page...
Azores (Portugal) is part of Portugal and counts towards the 10million mark.
Macau is no longer Portuguese as it was returned to China in 2001. I think
that the official language was changed to be Chinese, so the correct pt
count should not contain the 0,4 million for Macao.

The site also lists Canada and United States of America due to the large
portuguese imigrant communities there. We also have large communities in
France (biggest imigrant community on the country, said to be more than 3
million), Germany, Switzerland, Venezuela, South Africa, etc. I can't give
you countings on these communities.

Hope this helps :) Have fun!

Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto

"Don't worry, be happy!"