Re: Suggestion

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 17:51:34 +0200, Danilo Segan wrote:

> I actually hope to get a more realistic estimate of population that
> understands "American English" -- 500 million? More?

I'd probably just call it "English" for the release notes.
en_GB, en_AU, en_CA, en_US folks are all able manage with
the C locale messages, and it's not as if the en_AU
translations are necessary for Australians (who don't know
any foreign languages) to be able to use gnome.

Ethnologue says there are 341 million native speakers of
English. http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ENG

Noah