Re: Novell glossary

Hi Javier & All,

No need to reinvent the wheel - there's existing XML schemas that are
designed for managing glossaries already which you might be able to use.

There's two main standards out there : OLIF[1], which I believe was best
suited for terminology exchange between machine translation applications
and TBX[2] which is another standard I think originally based on OLIF.
Someone more intelligent than I could tell you which is best.

As regards other translation standards, we at Sun also use XLIFF, for
general translation workflow processes and TMX as a means for exchanging
translation memories.

As I mentioned before[3], we're doing quite a bit of work on translation
tools, and would be happy to help out ? (I believe Sun is already doing
an amount of translation work on GNOME, but perhaps some of our
translation tools could be of use also ?)

	cheers,
			tim

[2] http://www.lisa.org/tbx/
[3] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-May/msg00184.html

--
SunNetwork 2003 Conference and Pavilion

WHEN:  September 16-18, 2003
WHERE: Moscone Center, San Francisco

For more information or to register for the conference, please visit:
http://www.sun.com/sunnetwork