Re: gimp and 2.4

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 00:25, Christian Rose wrote:

> > Where is GIMP in the 2.4 tree?

> > It is there under the 2.6 tree under the section 'extras'.
>
> See
> http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-October/msg00061.html
> for the explanation.

where it is explained

'...since we want to limit the computer resources (and time) required
for computing the status pages, we have simply moved those sections to
the new 2.6 pages, instead of duplicating them and keeping them both on
the 2.4 and 2.6 pages. But that doesn't really mean that those extra
bits are suddenly 2.6 software.'

> > My module is Tamil (ta) -- 2.4 is
> > translated at around 34%.

So this percentage is actually for the basic minimum 'real' GNOME
release.

I take it that the officially supported status is assigned on the
translated percentage of the 'real' GNOME.

Ramanan