Re: Do NOT commit executable po files!

Op wo 29-10-2003, om 11:21 schreef Christian Rose:
> But this adds many responsibilities to committing translators:
>
> * They need to make sure on their own that they are only committing a
> translation (unless they have approval for something else)
> * They need to make sure on their own that they are only committing a
> translation for their own team (unless they have approval for something
> else)
> * They need to make sure on their own that they have approval from their
> own team in committing that translation (unless they have approval for
> something else)
> * They need to make sure on their own that the committed translation is
> properly encoded in UTF-8
> * They need to make sure on their own that the committed translation is
> valid and passes the msgfmt test
> * They need to make sure on their own that the committed translation
> does not have executable permissions
> * They need to make sure on their own that they've added proper
> ChangeLog entries
> ..etc.
I believe some of these checks can be automated on the side of the
committing translator by the use of a script. I believe the Dutch
coordinator works that way; throwing a foo.po.gz plus name of the
translator at the script, will do the nessacery checks, commit the file,
changelog entry, update the Dutch website etc.

Maybe use of such a script can be encouraged among the commiters?

Tino