Re: Please translate beast and bse (was: de translation(beast-0.5.5-rc3.tar.gz)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Danilo Segan wrote:

> Дана среда, 15. октобар 2003. 17:50:37 CEST, Christian Neumair написа:
> > The following message has reached me today, so please start
> > translating beast. I already added it to the status pages, they
> > should show up next time the pages are updated (bse/beast on extras
> > page).
>
> $ intltool-update -m
> The following files contain translations and are currently not in use.
> Please consider adding these to the POTFILES.in file, located in the
> po/ directory.
>
> beast-gtk/gxk/gxklistwrapper.c

the i18n stuff from this file should be removed, there's no
point in translating it until its moved/copied into gtk.

> bse/bsebiquadfilter.c

bse doesn't have anything close to the necessary markup yet, we're
still working on a solution for automated markup of strings, so it'll
take some time here until everything can be translated.

> plugins/bseiirfilter.c

what i said about bse applies here too. also, when plugins can be translated
they'll get their own po-plugins/ dir.

> The one (bse/bsebiquadfilter.c) is used in po-bse/POTFILES.in, so it
> leaves only the other two as candidates for addition to po/POTFILES.in.

hm, unfortunately i don't know a way to tell intltool to look for
i18n candidates only in a specific subdirectory (e.g. beast-gtk/,
bse/ or plugins/).

> Is this an accidental omission, or was it done on purpose? If on
> purpose, they should probably be added to POTFILES.skip.
>
> Anyway, there's now a Serbian translation too, with these two files
> translated too.

cool, i've added it to the NEWS file: http://beast.gtk.org/release-news.html

(hoever i've had to change your last name in the toplevel
ChangeLog, so our doc tools still work with it)

> Cheers,
> Danilo

---
ciaoTJ