Re: New team for Russian (ru)

mån 2003-11-17 klockan 11.50 skrev Leonid Kanter:
> Current stage of gnome's Russian translation is poor - it's listed on
> http://www.gnome.org/i18n/ among partially supported languages. There
> were no commits for key gnome components, like Nautilus, since summer.

According to (1), the last commit by dmitrym was only three days ago...

> Current Russian team coordinator Dmitry G. Mastryukov does not respond
> on email, and it looks like nobody is working on Russian Gnome
> translations now. This it why we are going to establish new translation
> team. Our team will be sponsored by ASPLinux company, the leading
> Russian Linux vendor, which is highly interested in complete
> high-quality translation of Gnome desktop. Our team already have an
> experience of translating all redhat-config-* utilities, large part of
> core KDE components and some Gnome components - Evolution, gnomemeeting,
> totem. Currently we have some new translations ready, but we are unable
> to contribute them, because current coordinator is unavailable.
> The coordinator of new team wil be Leonid Kanter <leon at asplinux dot
> ru>, information about this project will be published on
> http://community.asplinux.ru.

This is what we'll do. If Dmitry G. Mastrukov doesn't respond to this in
a week from now, we'll appoint a new Russian coordinator. Please remind
us when a week has passed.

Christian

(1)
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsquery.cgi?who=dmitrym&whotype=match&date=all