Computer Software in Gadhlig

A Chara

Hi my name is Paul Duffy, i came across through an email an article on BBC
regarding about Microsoft being asked to provide a Gadhlig spell Checker.
I'm the offical Irish translator for the GNOME project (www.gnome.org)
which is a user interface that runs on Linux,*BSD and other Unix operating
systems.
There was a Gadhlig translation project but it has being inactive for
close on three years and had only a very small part translated.
Gnome is an open-source project and is very welcoming to people who wish
to carry out translations of it. If "Comunn na Gaidhlig" were to take over
the inactive Gadhlig Translation, if would no doubt lead to Gadhlig being
the first celtic language to have a full Gnome translation within a short
time. Not only that if would prove an invaluable resource for students in
scotland (Alba ;) to not only learn Gadhlig but to use it everyday with
their computers.
here is a link to the "Gnome Translation Project" webpage.
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/

If you have questions feel free to email me or to get in contact with me
or Christian Rose (i cc him this email)

Is mise le meas
Paul Duffy

"There is no greater sorrow then to remember times of happiness when
miserable" -- Dante "The Inferno"