Re: msgmerge and the handling of obsolete entries (Re: Updating pofiles on make dist)

Bernd Groh <bgroh@redhat.com> writes:

> And while we're at it, could we have msgmerge please NOT change the
> format of the po-entries, i.e. introducing new line-breaks?

It does not add '\n' on its own; C style rules apply.  If you don't want
it to wrap lines, you can use the option --no-wrap .

    "foo bar"

and

    "foo " "bar"

and

    "foo "
    "bar"

are all the same; this is different:

    "foo \n"
    "bar"

These days it is the best to trust in msgcat's normalization features.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |    _-\_<,
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home)               |   (*)/'(*)