Re: Is the Korean team dead?

sön 2003-05-04 klockan 18.31 skrev Changwoo Ryu:
> > Do you know if the Korean GNOME translation team is dead? I've tried
> > several times to contact the current Korean coordinator, Noh Woo Kyong
> > <rainlood@kldp.org>, but so far without success.
> > with request for a new Korean coordinator almost a month ago but so far
> > without a single response regarding anything Korean.
> > Do you know anything about the Korean team situation? In that case,
> > please clarify it on the gnome-i18n@gnome.org list.
> > Otherwise I'll delete the Korean translation team listing soon.
>
> I have not seen him for a while.
>
> AFAIK Korean translators have never worked as a 'team'.  He volunteered
> the coordinator, but did nothing.  Though the Korean translators did
> their jobs without any team effort.

Yeah, it's certainly not a requirement to work together as a close team,
although probably some of that helps in avoiding duplicate work, using
common dictionaries and terminology etc. How you organize the
translation work is however entirely up to you to decide.

It's mainly just that we need a coordinator as a contact person for
Korean, so that we know that for example new translation volunteers
aren't directed into a black hole, but at least has someone to help them
get started, and as a help with language-specific localization questions
or point them in the right direction.

Also, we need the coordinator as a contact person from the GTP side, so
we know where to direct possible bug reports about Korean localization,
and as someone that can give their blessing for further Korean
translator CVS accounts etc.

So if the word "team coordinator" doesn't fit, feel free to treat it as
only some sort of Korean contact person.

> anyway I'll try to contact Woo Kyong anyway and to find a new
> coordinator if possible.

Thanks. But why aren't you volunteering yourself? :-)

In any case, please keep us posted on the status of the search for a
Korean coordinator.