Re: More "what do you do with..?" questions

The problem of standardizing terms is quite hard in Yiddish.  I generally don't
want to use the English terms, because the Yiddish alphabet is different.
Sometimes I just give up and intersperse English words with English letters,
such as GIF, JPEG, PNG, IOBuffer, and so forth.  Otherwise, I try to
translate.  For "widget", I am using "tsepikhesl" (in Yiddish letters), which
means "random unspecified animal or thing".  For "pixbuf", I am using
"bildbahalt", which would mean "picture holder", and for "pixel" I have
"bildtsel".  I keep a list of all the technical terms I am using, and I have
shown it to Yiddish experts periodically.

Raphael Finkel