en quot po [Re: en_US.po]

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 06:30:59AM +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Noah Levitt <nlevitt@columbia.edu> writes:
> > I've written an en_US.po for gtk+. The main differences from
> > the untranslated strings are curly quotes and hyphens and
> > stuff like that.
>
> Check out en@quot.po that comes with gettext; it's machine generated.

I notice that gettextize pulls in a bunch of sed scripts and headers to
generate en@quot.po [1], but glib-gettextize doesn't.  Is this a
limitation of glib-gettextize or is there some other good reason to not
do this?  (For example: it works in a different way / Unicode quotes are
bad / etc.)

[1] (Though I can't for the life of me figure out how these
scripts get invoked-- how does this Rules-quot become part of the
Makefile?)

--
      Evan Martin
martine@cs.washington.edu