Re: Promoting greater integration between developers/writers/I18N:) [and testers!:)]

Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 05:59:34PM +0100, Breda McColgan escribió:

>> > [snip]

>> >         Trivial problems should be logged altogether in a single bug, harder
>> > problems should have individual bugs.

	Hi. New bug-buddy 2.3.X has an new option to report "wrong
translation" bugs. Basically it will fill the bug report (with a
template like: "Text is located at: / Current text is: / It should be:
") and it will fill it against the product/component and will add
the I18N keyword. So I hope with this we will be able to catch lot of
typos from user feedback.

	What I want to do is to add a very simple patch to libgnomeui
that add a "Report a bug..." item to the help menu (in the Ximian
monkeytalk patch way). This will be very helpful to novice users that
are seeing a bug in is file manager but don't know that it is called
Nautilus neither File Manager. We ca have this feature in every GNOME
release or only in the Beta releases (I also would like to have a pretty
screen shown when session is up saying something like "Thanks for trying
GNOME Beta 2.3.X. Please report any bug using the entry in Help menu.
blabla, []Don't show this dialog again).

	What do you thinks about this?

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas