Re: gtranslator release upcoming

tor 2003-06-12 klockan 15.23 skrev Ross Golder:
> I would suggest downloading one from the cvs.gnome.org website, but I
> can't seem to find a feature to allow you do simply download the file
> un-annotated.

It's probably easier in general to get a recent po or pot file from the
translation status pages
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/), where the pot and po
files are updated from CVS and intltool-updated several times a day. So
if you download such a file, it should be reasonably uptodate.

The thing with gtranslator is that it was removed from the status pages
following the explicit request to do so from the previous maintainer
(http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-April/msg00100.html).
So it hasn't been on the status pages since then. Given the recent
revival of the project, I assume it's ok if I go ahead and add it back
again. I've done that change now; gtranslator should show up on the
status pages under "GNOME 2.4" -> "Extras" the next time the pages are
updated.

> <wildidea>
> How about a simple web service on cvs.gnome.org that could dispense the
> latest po files for a given project? To make things even easier,
> gtranslator could load files from this service. It could even be
> two-way, and accept the translated po file in a POST, and run some basic
> sanity checking before forwarding it on to the project maintainer, or in
> some circumstances even automatically commit it.
> </wildidea>

The current translation status pages do work that way, at least in a
one-way sense. The ability to also post translations could be an useful
future addition, given proper authentication of course.

Feature requests for the translation status pages can be entered at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=website&component=gtp.