Re: Getting pot files...

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:55:15 +0800
"Sajith V.K" <sajith_vk@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> "Freedom matters"
>
> Hi,
>
>   We have made a lot of changes and planning for a commit.
> How can I get the latest pot files?
> Should I checkout the entire gnome source for it?
> If it is documented somewhere, please give me the link

 One way to do it is from the status pages as follows

$ wget -c http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/PO/
this will give u a index.html

$ cat index.html | cut -f 6 -d\" | grep "pot" > potlist
$ cat index.html | cut -f 6 -d\" | grep hi.po > polist
( change hi.po to ml.po - for malayalam )

then run following shell script to download all latest po (for ur
lang) + pot files
#!/bin/bash
BASE=http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/PO
for i in `cat polist` ; do
        echo $i
        wget -c -q $BASE/$i
done

for i in `cat potlist` ; do
        echo $i
        wget -c -q $BASE/$i
done

The other way is to check out each module,
 do a cvs update to keep it latest
 and in moduledir/po run
 $ intltool-update
 which generates a pot file.

HTH

Regards,
Karunakar

--
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
Then you and I each will still have one apple.

* Indian Linux project    *
* http://www.indlinux.org *