Re: What is the deadline of translation update?

fre 2003-07-11 klockan 19.21 skrev Funda Wang:
> Does above mean we translators should commit our translation before August 4?

Nope - string freeze (August 4) means for developers that messages
should be frozen, so there will (hopefully) be no changes in messages
after that point. The string freeze is there to help us translators, so
that we can finish up the translations without worrying about further
message changes.

There's no hard deadline for translations, but translations that you
want included should be committed before the relase candidate tarballs
are made. The exact date for that will of course vary from module to
module, but if you have a look at the release schedule(*) this means the
end of August at the very latest. As always, the earlier you can get the
translations into CVS, the more sure you can be that they will actually
be included in the release.

Christian

(*) http://www.gnome.org/start/2.3/ for those who haven't bookmarked
that page yet :)