Re: Wonder if Matupi in Daai ???

ons 2003-07-09 klockan 16.11 skrev Noah Levitt:
> According to ethnologue, the iso639 code for Chin, Daai is
> "sit", which unfortunately is not very specific:
>
>   Sino-Tibetan (Other)   sino-tibétaines, autres langues    sit
>
> I think reasonable possibilities for a language identifier
> might be "sit@matupi" or "sit_MM@matupi".

I think you should register a code with the IANA as per described in RFC
3066 [1]. I hope these codes may be used for the language portion of the
LC_* variables.

Is it one of these languages?

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=CKM (names Matupi as a
dialect, and a region)
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=DAO (names Matupi as a
region)

The code name in that case could be sit-CKM or sit-DAO (I think it makes
sense to use the SIL code here). If it's not one of the languages above,
maybe you can find it's SIL code, or you can use sit-Matupi. In any case
it can't hurt to register the code with IANA.

NOTE TO THE SERBIAN TRANSLATOR (Danilo): there are IANA codes registered
for the serbian variants:

sr-Cyrl      Serbian in Cyrillic script    [Davis]
sr-Latn      Serbian in Latin script       [Davis]

If it's possible to use those, that would be a good choice.

Regards,

	Martin

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3066.txt
[2] http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-tags

--
Martin Norbäck          d95mback@dtek.chalmers.se
Kapplandsgatan 40       +46 (0)708 26 33 60