Re: "gnome" theme in gnome-icon-theme and gnome-themes

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 07:42, Dmitry G. Mastrukov wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> Why gnome-icon-theme and gnome-themes are split? There is a "gnome"
> subdirectory in gnome-themes/icon-themes, which is vety similar to
> gnome-icon-theme, but it is not Makefile.am. Why we have two modules,
> two duplicates?

Its unpractical for the core desktop components which need some icons to
depend on a potentially huge has-it-all gnome-themes package so the
default icon theme has been split from the bunch.

gnome-themes cvs had the "gnome" icon-theme for a while but it has been
removed.

Regards
Yanko