Re: Two new strings in gnome-session

lör 2003-01-25 klockan 12.40 skrev Kjartan Maraas:
> > 	Not only did the person fixing this not notify translators, he did not
> > even ask for approval from the maintainer. I'm not happy about this and
> > I'd like an explanation. Now please.
> >
> > 	Christian, I'll happily revert this patch - just let me know. The
> > change will *not* be in GNOME 2.2.0 though - if I have to another
> > release I'll branch from the GNOME_SESSION_2_0_0_1 tag.
>
> Just for the record.
>
> I don't think adding unmarked strings or adding missing files in
> POTFILES.in counts as breaking the string freeze. I actually think this
> should be done ASAP at any time in the release process because the only
> think it affects is making it possible to localise these strings.

Even in code freeze? Who will make sure that the "fix" doesn't introduce
new bugs if there is no review required?

> So, it might wreck the status for the people who have 100% there, but
> this is just a bunch of numbers anyway :-)
>
> Having a desktop that is 100% localisable is more important than having
> 100% in the statuspage IMO.

This wasn't as much about "100% status" as it was about 1) not notifying
translators and 2) checking in stuff without permission (as both
release-team and maintainers didn't know about this).

If a fix where additional strings are marked for translation is checked
in, but translators aren't notified, how can that be a better situation?
Beats me -- the net result is still untranslated stuff.