GNOME 2.2 Translation Statistics and Rankings

Here we go again. Last week I summarized the translation statistics and
sent it out to gnome-i18n@gnome.org, and as a week has passed it's
probably a good idea to do so again. The numbers (percentage of
translated messages) are taken from our 2.1 core translation status page
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.1-core/) and
then I have sorted the languages by level of completedness, and ranked
them. There is also the level of support (using the
http://www.gnome.org/i18n/ definitions of "supported") the languages
would recieve if GNOME 2.2 was released now. Enjoy!

						Last week's	Difference
Ranking Lang.   Percent Level of support	ranking		in ranking
1	lv	100.00	Supported		1
1	nl	100.00	Supported		8		+7
1	sv	100.00	Supported		1
4	cs	99.98	Supported		4
4	da	99.98	Supported		5		+1
4	de	99.98	Supported		5		+1
4	es	99.98	Supported		1		-3
8	sk	99.78	Supported		15		+7
9	el	99.53	Supported		7		-2
10	sl	99.05	Supported		21		+11
11	pt_BR	98.61	Supported		13		+2
12	no	98.56	Supported		9		-3
13	vi	97.11	Supported		17		+4
14	ca	95.84	Supported		20		+6
15	mn	95.35	Supported		--		+43
16	fi	94.83	Supported		11		-5
17	fr	94.75	Supported		10		-7
18	ms	91.63	Supported		12		-6
19	pl	91.62	Supported		16		-3
20	zh_TW	91.43	Supported		19		-1
21	ko	90.21	Supported		14		-7
22	ru	89.61	Supported		23		+1
23	bg	89.02	Supported		18		-5
24	zh_CN	87.11	Supported		24
25	ro	85.47	Supported		30		+5
26	hu	84.72	Supported		22		-4
27	uk	84.00	Supported		29		+2
28	pt	77.83	Partially supported	25		-3
29	be	75.09	Partially supported	26		-3
30	ja	75.00	Partially supported	27		-3
31	he	71.87	Partially supported	28		-3
32	tr	70.18	Partially supported	31		-1
33	it	64.28	Partially supported	32		-1
34	et	55.26	Partially supported	34
35	gl	46.98	Unsupported		33		-2
36	az	40.85	Unsupported		35		-1
37	am	39.08	Unsupported		36		-1
38	hi	37.98	Unsupported		37		-1
39	mk	36.82	Unsupported		38		-1
40	ar	36.02	Unsupported		39		-1
41	wa	33.00	Unsupported		40		-1
42	lt	32.33	Unsupported		41		-1
43	eu	30.20	Unsupported		42		-1
44	nn	27.50	Unsupported		43		-1
45	ta	25.12	Unsupported		44		-1
46	sq	24.00	Unsupported		45		-1
47	fa	4.32	Unsupported		46		-1
48	ga	3.64	Unsupported		47		-1
49	sp	2.38	Unsupported		48		-1
50	sr	2.38	Unsupported		49		-1
51	bs	2.31	Unsupported		50		-1
52	en_GB	1.48	Unsupported		51		-1
53	th	1.01	Unsupported		52		-1
54	bn	0.61	Unsupported		--		+4
55	hr	0.47	Unsupported		53		-2
56	ia	0.32	Unsupported		54		-2
57	en@ipa  0.29    Unsupported		  55	  	  -2
58	cy	0.20	Unsupported		56		-2
59	es_ES	0.01	Unsupported		57		-2

So let's summarize. We have two new languages this week, Mongolian (mn)
and Bengali (bn). Bengali enters the list at 54th place (Unsupported),
but Mongolian makes the impossible possible and enters the list at a
whopping 15th place (Supported). Sanlig Badral, Ochirbat Batzaya,
Tegshbayar, Bayarsaihan and the other guys in the Mongolian team have
certainly made an impressive start by jumping right in in the top crowd
with over 95% translated messages! The Mongolian team started their work
on GNOME translations less than a month ago, and in that short period of
time they've managed to translate no less than 11455 messages.
Incredible!

We now have 27 supported languages (>80%), whereas we had only 23 last
week. Out of those, 3 are at exactly 100% (also 3 last week). We have 7
partially supported languages (50%<x<80%), whereas we had 9 last week.
The reduction here is most likely due to the increase of supported
languages.

Keep 'em coming... :-)

Christian

PS. If anyone wonders about language codes, you'll find them all
explained on http://lcweb.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html. DS.