Re: status pages problem: file-roller translated 100% but shows'inf'

El jue, 23-01-2003 a las 21:35, Christian Rose escribió:
> tor 2003-01-23 klockan 15.47 skrev Marius Andreiana:
> > On this page
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.1-core/ro.html
> > file-roller shows 'inf' where it should be '100.00'. Perhaps a division
> > by zero in scripts?
>
> Correct. But it's usually more interesting to know *why* a division by
> zero occurred. :-)
>
> In the case of the current status pages, that's usually because of one
> of the following reasons:
> 1) The name of the module's pot file changed. The status pages have a
> setting for each application's pot file name, and when that changes,
> things break. (Carlos, is this true for the new status pages too?)
> 2) A file in the module was removed without it's corresponding entry in
> POTFILES.in, so that POTFILES.in currently lists a non-existing file,
> which will break both intltool, gettext, and building said module. And
> the status pages of course, since they use intltool.
>
> And as was indirectly mentioned on this list earlier today
> (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-January/msg00321.html),
> in this case it was the second reason of those above.

As a information note, new status pages will show you an error instead
of a inf value :-)

I'm improving the error handling. My idea is mailbom... I mean, send an
email telling a translator that she has an invalid .po file or send an
email to the mantainer to tell him that it has a bad POTFILES.in and
"put your improvement here..."

Cheers.