Re: ALL_LINGUAS

On 2003-01-22(Wed) 16:48:39 +0100, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> My experience tells that when a language is present in po/ directory but
> not in the ALL_LINGUAS list, it is due to the fact the translator ignores
> about that variable. (in fact I started adding them after I received
> a message from a translator asking why his translations weren't showing
> up in latest Gnome)

Or translators don't even know this, thinking that their translations
should have been automagically enabled. This is common for new comers.

> If the file should be present in po directory but not in the ALL_LINGUAS
> list, it should be better to put a small comment saying so:
>
> # Don't add lang 'xx', as it is not good enough yet
> ALL_LINGUAS="aa bb cc dd"

Absolutely agree on this. I still remember some time ago when
traditional Chinese translation of evolution was removed *twice* without
giving any reason. I won't even know it if I didn't check the CVS source!

Abel
--
Abel Cheung
GPG Key: (0xC67186FF) http://deaddog.org/gpg.asc