Re: ALL_LINGUAS

Kaixo!

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 04:06:20PM +0100, Christian Rose wrote:
> ons 2003-01-22 klockan 15.46 skrev Tino Meinen:
> > Just curious,
> > When adding a new translation to a module in the po directory,
> >
> > whose responsibility is it to add the language to the ALL_LINGUAS list
> > in configure.in?
>
> Usually the responsibility of the translator that added the po file.
> Pablo Saratxaga has been very nice in fixing missing language codes in
> the ALL_LINGUAS of many modules (thanks a lot!), though. But all
> translators should really make sure themselves that their own language
> code is present in ALL_LINGUAS.

My experience tells that when a language is present in po/ directory but
not in the ALL_LINGUAS list, it is due to the fact the translator ignores
about that variable. (in fact I started adding them after I received
a message from a translator asking why his translations weren't showing
up in latest Gnome)

If the file should be present in po directory but not in the ALL_LINGUAS
list, it should be better to put a small comment saying so:

# Don't add lang 'xx', as it is not good enough yet
ALL_LINGUAS="aa bb cc dd"

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]

PGP signature