Re: fontilus and the font capplet

> Currently there's no way to get to the fonts:/// URI scheme in fontilus
> without typing it into the Location bar in Nautilus.  Since this won't
> be obvious to anyone not reading gnomedesktop.org, I'd like to add a
> button to the font capplet in the control-center popping up a nautilus
> window.  This is a very small feature/string change, but I feel it's
> definitely worth adding.  The button only appears if fontilus is
> installed.

I'll be a bit more forward than the other replies: NO! NO! NO!

We are:

  - beyond feature freeze
  - beyond ui freeze
  - beyond string freeze
  - beyond Release Candidate 1
  - a week before Release Candidate 2
  - two weeks before 2.2.0 final
  - still worried that the theme capplet (also in c-c) hasn't received
  enough testing
The only correct answer is a categorical NO. I'm sorry, I love fontilus
too, but this is totally inappropriate time for any such change. You could
branch, but that also seems inappropriate given the state of the theme
capplet.
- Jeff

--
  So, "Jeffrey" seems to mean "the ineffectual, victimised guy in
  American movies" in four different languages.