Re: gnome-i18n/extra-po cleanup

tis 2003-01-14 klockan 16.20 skrev Carlos Perelló Marín:
> abiword		-> We never got a sync between their translation method 		and
> .po files. We should just remove it IMHO.

Yeah, they can probably host the po files themselves, or use the TP.

> atomix		-> The gnome 1.x release is dead and the 2.0 release is 		hosted
> at cvs.gnome.org.

Yes, 1.x translations could be removed immediately.

> bombermaze	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> firestarter	-> We should move it to GNU translation project

I've talked to the firestarter author, he seems very interested in
moving it to gnome cvs. Probably needs a reminder though. :)

> fpm		-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> gabber		-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> gaim		-> We should move it to GNU translation project

Talked with the gaim authors, and mentioned the alternatives of using
the TP or moving to GNOME cvs. Still waiting for an official decision.

> garp		-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> gimp-print	-> We should move it to GNU translation project

Talked with the gimp-print developers. No decision yet. Probably needs a
little more convincing.

> glimmer		-> The gnome 1.x release is dead and the 2.0 release is
> 		hosted at cvs.gnome.org

1.x translations could probably be removed immediately.

> glunarclock	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> gnapster	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> gnome-find	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> gnome-tptest	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> gswitchit	-> Seems to be hosted at cvs.gnome.org now :-?

Dind't know about that. The author hasn't mentioned it. We can probably
safely nuke it from extra-po.

> gswitchit_applet -> It's dead.
> gtkdial		-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> gwvedit		-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> moleskine	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> redcarpet	-> Is it now rc, rcd & libredcarpet at cvs.gnome.org?
> screem		-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> scrollkeeper	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> toutdoux	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> xchat		-> We should move it to GNU translation project
> xchat-stable	-> We should move it to GNU translation project

Talked with the xchat author, he doesn't want to decide right now before
his 2.0 release. Probably needs a lot more convincing.

> ximian-menus	-> We should move it to GNU translation project

Don't know about this one. Doesn't make much sense to move to the TP in
my opinion. Should probably stay, much like Sun and Red Hat have their
own directories in gnome-i18n for their GNOME translation stuff that
doesn't fit anywhere else in cvs.

> xscreensaver	-> We should move it to GNU translation project
>

> Could we do it as soon as possible?
>
> We should mail the author ask for move the project to cvs.gnome.org and
> if it's not possible, ask for move their .po* files to GNU translation
> robot.

Yes. I've done this for some of these, as you can see above. But help is
needed.