Re: Plurals and ngettext

Christian Rose wrote:
> tor 2003-02-20 klockan 09.47 skrev Hideki Hiura:
>
>>I should have said that I already took care of making this feature as
>>a part of de jure standard, instead of being an implementation variant,
>>and also took care of its originator(Sun) already to adopt this
>>feature on their recent product lines, so theoretically nothing will
>>prevent us from moving to using this feature in upcoming GNOME releases.
>>
>>I would say go for it!
>

> Ok. I've now tried to log bug reports for every module with plural
> messages that's possibly affected, basically by searching for messages
> using %d and %ld and then do further manual filtering from there.
> However, as I'm not experienced in thinking in a different plural scheme
> and how messages might be affected by that, there might of course be
> modules and messages that I missed. And vice versa. Any help here in
> finding further messages with plural problems is very welcome.

Just an idea - maybe we should make sure the commits get done with a
special string in the message 'plurals fixup' or similar so cross-branch
merging and backporting (if desired) would be easier ? Or really for that
matter making sure you definately did pull a version of source that does
have the plurals fixed?