Re: Spam to the mailing list

ons 2003-02-12 klockan 15.20 skrev German Poo Caaman~o:
> > My suggestion is that we should make gnome-i18n subscribers-only (and of
> > course also allow for postings from members of post-only), in order to
> > prevent spam. What do other people think?
>
> I agree. (But it means more work for the admin of the list, in this
> case you)

Yeah, but I'm prepared to take that risk. :) Better to have an admin
drowned in spam than a whole mailing list, or something like that.

My only concern is the danger of unsubscribed people's mails getting
stuck in the admin queue for a day or more (I can't promise I'll be
monitoring the queue daily all the time, although I've almost done so so
far). Don't know what to do about that, except keeping encouraging
people to subscribe to the list (and/or post-only).

Other opinions?