Re: Unannonced team de_BY or mistake?

tor 2003-12-18 klockan 10.28 skrev Gerfried Fuchs:
> > The de_BY.po file has been removed from CVS. I'm sorry that it caused so
> > much trouble.
>
>  Pretty please readd it with a correct naming (like de@bavaria which was
> suggested). The whole thread was about the misnaming only, although some
> mails unfortunately sounded differently....

As already stated in this thread, we don't have any feature for ignoring
"fun" translations in the translation status. That means that we can't
have de@bavaria.po, sv@swedishchef.po, or en@rickilakeshow.po or
anything else fun you can think of just yet, because for every such fun
variant an already long and hard to browse list of languages/translation
teams gets even longer and harder to browse.

I agree that there must be allowed some fun. But only as long as it
doesn't get in the way of the serious stuff. In this case it does get in
the way. Either offer to change that fact, or accept it.

That's my opinion at least.

Also, this is CVS. The file isn't lost forever no matter what. And it
could even be made present in CVS and shipped with the tarball if
renamed to some suffix other than .po, since that would prevent it from
being picked up by the status pages. Then you still have your easter egg
that can be enabled by running a simple script that does a "mv de.po.alt
de.po" before running configure or something like that.