Re: CVS commit error

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 11:39, dooteo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Once  gpdf's eu.po file was commit, trying to do the same with
> "ChangeLog' file it gives me this error:
>
> cvs comit: Up-to-date check failed for 'ChangeLog'
> cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!
> cvs commit: sabving log message in /home/dooteo/tmp/cvsB3Lzxb

It is telling you that the ChangeLog file has been changed at the
repository (by somebody else committing a change) since you last did a
'cvs update'. So you need to 'cvs update ChangeLog' first , fix any
conflicts (because you changed the top of the file, as did the previous
committer, CVS will become confused about which order the changes should
go in -- it is pretty easy to fix by hand, though) and then commit your
changes.

Malcolm