Re: [Open Office] Re: Hello -- OOo Integration

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 18:22, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> > > Reusing strings without breaking the carefully constructed FSF
> > > copyrights is the primary goal (for me).
> >
> > 	The copyright ownership is not important to me; however contributions
> > have to be 'joint' assigned under the JCA to Sun for use in their
> > propriatory StarOffice product in order to get up-stream.
>
> oops.
> All dreams shattered for me unless some one else can interpret any thing
> positive here.

	You dream of assigning copyright to the FSF ? - strange indeed, however
you can still do that, it's no problem. However - you also need to sign
a joint copyright assignment on those strings for Sun - I guess if
you're assigning copyright to the FSF - they might need to sign the JCA
- I have no idea. There is IMHO no reason to be scared of the JCA though
- it & the SISSL seem fair to me.

> I will install this (The official OOo version) along the week and update
> you if no one else does.

	Well - I can assure you whatever whomever wrote in that bug report -
it's not using Gtk+.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--