Re: Persian translations

>I don't see the translating of computer programs as a gratuitous expression
>of freedom; instead I see it as a mean to both democratize the use
>of computing by allowing it to be used in local languages, and the
>empwering of a given language by makign it able to be used in a modern
>aspect of life.
>
>If involvment of a given public authority is an important part of the life
>of a given language, then that fact has to be taken into account.

AFAIK most of terms that this academy (or another one) enforced has been
rejected by computer users and has not even been used by national
broadcasting and TV chanels. As an example they have come up with "DOOR BAR"
for email and "DOOR NEGAR" for faximile (or vis versa). It has been so
confusing that a very few official use them and everybody else use email and
fax instead! In case of standardizing, it has to be proven that something
works in its best way before applying it as an standard.
So what become of a translation when users reject, let's say, 25% of its
terms?

Personally, I don't have any objection against these terms and I find them
very usefull. I believe, instead of legalizing the usage of these terms they
should propose them and encourage users to use them for the benefit of the
language.

Best Regards

Abbas

Hitta rätt på nätet med MSN Sök http://search.msn.se/