Re: run dialog vs gnome_vfs_url_show

   Hello!

I would just like to give my opinion on this, as Portuguese coordinator (and
only translator)...

I think that the strings should be added as long as a new release is made
before 2.4.0 so that translations can still be included. I've seen in the
past that some modules didn't make releases as "no more bugs were found
during beta". This lead to translation updates made during string freeze
(beta) were not included on x.x.0 releases.

We are still about 15 days ahead of final 2.4.0 release. It is in the users
best interes to have the keys there. It is in our (translators) best
interest to have those strings translatable. If some teams don't have the
time to translate them, at least those that have can do the translation. If
the strings get inside untranslatable, noone will be able to translate them
even having the time.

If the new strings are a bit incorrect (as they really are because HTTP(S)
should be uppercase as it is an acronym, like URI should also be, and
because of missing quotes, etc), at least they are there. And when we
translate, we can translate "correctly", open the bug and wait for the 2.4.1
to just remove the fuzzy mark as our translations were already correct...

This may sound a bit selfish as I spend the last two days going over all
gnome core modules looking missing accelerators and typos and normalizing
some expressions. But I usually think this way: "As a GNOME user (and
evangelist with my wife) I think it is best to have apps working correctly
although some strings are not translated than having a 100% translation
stats but then having problems using GNOME or explaining hackish workarounds
to my wife so that she can use her GNOME".

These are may 2 cents (well... my billing rate is a bit more... hehehe).
Anyway, I'm a one-man-team and I'm considered "one of the most active teams"
so... Others share they thoughs and let Cristian take the decision.

Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto

"Don't worry, be happy!"

P.S. - I'll be "netless" for a week, on vacations... So I might even loose
the oportunity to update new freeze breakages. Yet, I still think it is best
for the users. And, after all, we all do it for the users, right?