Re: Translation statistics for Gnome 2.4 desktop and developer platform

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Hi Danilo,
>
> Thanks very much for these stats!

np, tommorow comes a weekly update with all the changes from last week
:-)

> I think it would be really cool if we put a set of updated
> translation stats in the release notes for the final release. I'm
> awed by the incredible work that the i18n team have been doing
> recently, and we should definitely highlight that as part of our
> 'release literature' (including the press release, which will go out
> to tech media across the planet).

I believe that will be both encouraging for the translators, and
interesting for folks reading the release notes -- so yeah, I'd love to
help in that.

> It would be really cool if individual teams could provide interesting
> stats or stories about their efforts, too! :-)

First, it will be nice to know how much room is there in the release
notes, so lets wait for John Fleck to respond. Of course, we might
provide all the "technical" info, and let John edit and prepare it as
he sees fit.

> I'm Cc'ing John Fleck, who has taken on the editorship of the 2.4
> release notes. John, is there room for a page about our
> internationalisation work in the release notes?

Lets hope there is, or *now* (after you mentioned it) I will be very
disappointed :-)

Cheers,
Danilo