Re: Translation statistics for Gnome 2.4 desktop and developer platform

уторак, 19. август 2003. 04:27:19 CEST — Luis Villa написа:

> I meant merely in the future- i.e., a weekly report would be much
> more useful if it were 'language X is up by Y% this week, on average
> all languages are up/down foo% this week', etc.

That's not a problem -- I've already hacked on my previous Perl script
to do that if there's "previous" data available. You may see a sample
on http://www.kvota.net/gnome24-stats/results-2003-08-18 -- it's
simple, and should just give you the idea that it's not a problem (btw,
you may notice that in this day alone one language jumped as much as
8%, and foorayed into the supported languages category).

I'm not sure what would be the significance of the "average change",
but it's simple to add -- it's already available in that list (at the
bottom).

> It's hard to know exactly what will happen in GNOME 2.6, I guess.
> Certainly realizing the impact we've had on the translation teams in
> this release will make us more cautious about adding things in the
> future, or so I'd hope.
>
> Average percentage change, like I mentioned above, would also be good.

Ok, I've added that as well as the number of languages in each
category. I'll remind that these are not correct for "cascading"
languages like "en_GB", "en_CA", "es_SP", etc.

Of course, any ideas on how should I perform formatting of the file are
welcome, especially with each request for "addition".

> We're all very avid desktop-devel readers. Anything that goes there,
> we'll see. :)

Nice to hear that -- so, you won't miss a thing ;-) Okay, next weekly
release will contain the "changed from last week" too, so you'll be
able to watch the progress more closely.

Again, any tips on the format of the text are welcome.

> [By the way- is there any way to see something like:
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/top.html
> per-module? It might help if when considering adding a module it was
> easy to know 'oh, many languages have already translated this' or
> 'crap, no one has translated this at all'.]

No, not at the moment. Though, Carlos is working on substanially
improving status pages, and I expect this, and many other things to be
possible (or at least easy to write separate tools to do it).

I think he likes everything to be put into Bugzilla as RFE for gnome-
i18n status pages, so he doesn't forget about it.

Cheers,
Danilo